Last Modified: April 23, 2018
|THESE TERMS CONTAIN A MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.|
Accessing the Website
We reserve the right to update the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including Members and Independent Associates.
Third Party Content
The Website may contain third party content such as third party intellectual property, as described in the “Intellectual Property Rights” section, and links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. This includes, without limitation, advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. You interact with these links at your own risk. Company disclaims any responsibility for these links and any harm or claims that may arise from your interaction with them.
Website Registration and Data Use
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information for Registered Use, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name and/or password or any other breach of security. Violating any of these terms can result in Company disabling Your access to the Website and/or terminating your account.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Company owns or has a license to the features, functionality, content, information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, names, logos, product and service names, designs, slogans, trademarks, Company Trademarks (including but not limited to Hispano Club®, Hispanito®, and the Company logo), copyrights, service marks, the design, selection and arrangement thereof, of the Website, all of which are and/or may be protectable under United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws (collectively “Material”). The Company does not grant any license or other authorization to any of its Material by placing Material on the Website. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company.
You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, delete, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the Material. If you violate any of these Terms, your access to the Website automatically terminates.
Website Use and License
Prohibited access and/or use of the Website includes, but is not limited to use and/or access by You via any means that:
- Is commercial, including but not limited to, sending out solicitation, spam, or junk mail.
- Is in violation of any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries or for harming minors)
- Impersonates or attempts to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity
- Restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- Is or may overburden, damage, interfere with, or impair the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website, or any accounts associated with third parties in effectuating the functioning of the Website.
- Involves data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools or processes.
- Involves theft, attack, or manipulation of any data.
Any User Contributions you post will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant the Company and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns a non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, revise, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any User Contributions for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that all User Contributions provided by You are complete, up-to-date, accurate, in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and that You have the rights to post the User Contributions to the Website and the rights to grant the licenses to the User Contributions to the Company, our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns, as described in this Section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any violence, illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
As a potential employer or recruiter using the Website’s Job Board, you represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority for yourself and your employer and/or the entity you represent or are the agent of or associated with or acting on behalf of such employer or entity (e.g., university, college or other institution, or as an employer or recruiter) and that the employer or entity has authorized you to grant the licenses in this section.
As a candidate using the Website’s Job Board, You represent that all User Contributions, such as candidate materials, provided by you are complete, up-to-date, and accurate in all respects and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You acknowledge that access to User Contributions using the Website is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom.
All employers and recruiters submitting User Contributions, including but not limited to all job postings, shall only submit content that is accurate, true, not misleading or deceptive in any manner, and fully in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws (including laws prohibiting employment discrimination). All potential employer or recruiter posts must be for actual job listings in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and may not contain (i) any form of advertisement, promotion or endorsement, other than promotion of the job itself or (ii) require any form of upfront payment or referrals to other candidates. All employers are solely responsible for their own hiring determinations.
We do not guarantee that any User Contributions you post or access on or through the Website, including job postings and candidate materials, are or will continue to be true, accurate, or secure.
Contests and Promotions Rules
Hispano Club, from time to time may publish on the Website contests and promotions to the general public. Please see our rules at: https://hispanoclub.com/legal/contest-promotions.
Payment of Services
This section governs the terms under which you may access and use the platform for Payment of Services online (the “Services”).
- Certain Definitions
- “Service Providers”: means participant billers that form part of Services.
- “Consumer” or “Sender”: Means You.
- “Recipient”: means the beneficiary of the execution of the Transaction.
- “Payable Amount” means the amount of any payment accepted from the Consumer, for its further payment to the Service Provider, in order to satisfy the Recipient’s obligations with said provider.
- “Transaction” is a bona fide, specific Bill Payment by a Sender in the United States.
- “Transaction Amount” Means the Payable amount plus Fee.
- “Fee”: means amount of money charged by Us, for rendering this service.
- Overview of The Service
We are not a bank or an issuer of stored value products, as defined by the United States Department of Treasury. The Service allows individuals to pay services or utilities online.
- Accessing the Service
- Not Available to Certain Residents. The Service may not be available in whole or in part in different countries, states, counties or other jurisdictions, the Company makes no guarantee that the Service will be available in any location. Senders and Recipients are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
- Offer and Acceptance
If you submit a Transaction, You are requesting us to process your Transaction. A Sender cannot request a refund after the bill has been successfully paid. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WRONG CONTRACTS NUMBER, TELEPHONE NUMBERS OR ANY WRONG INFORMATION GIVEN BY SENDER.
- Charges. For each Transaction that Sender submits, Sender agrees to pay the Transaction Amount (in U.S. dollars) plus a fee. Fee may include an additional amount for utilizing the Services through the Company’s website. The additional amount may be reduced if You are a member of the Company’s membership.
- Payment. In order to collect payment from Sender, Sender authorizes the Company, on behalf of the Service provider selected by Sender, to access, charge, or debit funds from any of the payment instruments you provide us in connection with your use of the Service (each, a “Payment Instrument“) including, for example, your credit card, debit card or cash. If your payment fails or is insufficient, you authorize the Company to re-try one or more times using the same or a different Payment Instrument. You represent and warrant that you are the lawful owner of your Payment Instrument(s).
- Other Charges. The Company is not responsible for any fees or charges that may be imposed by the financial institutions associated with your Payment Instruments. The Company is also not responsible for any non-sufficient funds charges, chargeback fees, or other charges that might be imposed on you by your bank, credit card issuer, or other provider.
If Sender submits a Transaction that results in the Company being charged non-sufficient fund fees, chargeback fees, or other fees, Sender agrees to reimburse the Company for such fees.
- Service Provider: Sender is the only responsible party for designating the Recipient. However, you agree that the Company is not responsible for any inaccurate or incomplete information regarding Service Providers that may be posted.
General. The Company or the third-party service provider may, at any time and in its sole discretion, refuse any Transaction or limit the amount of any Transaction, either on a per Transaction basis or on an aggregated basis without prior notice. The Company reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue all or any portion of the Service to any and/or all Senders and/or Recipients at any time with or without notice.
Delays. Your Transactions may be delayed or cancelled whether in the course of the Company’s efforts to validate any of your Transactions or to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or for any other reason. Technology limitations and business hours of Services Providers may also cause delays.
No Commercial Transactions. The use of the Service for commercial purposes is prohibited. Sender agrees that will only use the Service with people that Sender knows personally and for personal reasons. The Company reserves the right to cancel any Transaction.
Others. You may not act as a Sender or as a Recipient on behalf of any other person, or on behalf of a business, charity, or other non-human entity. The Company may, at any time and in its sole discretion, refuse any Transaction, close multiple accounts held by an individual or persons related to the individual or living in the same household.
No Changes. The Company does not permit changes to a Transaction once it has been submitted for processing. It is Sender’s responsibility to make sure the Transaction details are accurate before submitting for processing.
SOME BILLERS DO NOT REFUND ANY MISTAKEN TRANSACTIONS, IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ENTER ALL THE PAYMENT INFORMATION CORRECTLY. THE COMPANY WILL ONLY REIMBURSE TRANSACTIONS ERRONEOUSLY SUBMITTED WHEN THE BILLER REIMBURSES TO THE COMPANY OT THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER.
Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of the Service, or in the course of your interactions with The Company, another user or a third party, you will not:
- Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information;
- Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us;
- Use or access the Service by any means other than as authorized by The Company;
- Attempt to hack, destabilize or adapt the built-in platform that provides the Service or the Company’s website;
- Use or access the Service by any means other than as authorized by The Company;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the platform.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Government Disclosures. The Company and Services Providers may provide information about you and your Transactions to government authorities and enforcement agencies.
Verifying information. You authorize The Company, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries considered necessary or reasonable to validate the information that you provide to The Company. This may include asking you for additional information, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your e-mail address or financial instruments, or verifying your information against third party databases or through other sources.
If you are a Sender, please let us know if you have any problems with the Service. You can communicate with us using the contact information at the bottom of these Terms.
- Prevention of Unauthorized Use
The Company reserves the right to exercise whatever lawful means it deems necessary to prevent unauthorized use of the Service, including, but not limited to, technological barriers and/or other methods as The Company may choose from time to time.
- Injunctive Relief.
You acknowledge that your obligations made hereunder are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm The Company and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that The Company shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages (if any).
- Electronic Communications
Unless otherwise required by applicable law, the following categories of information (“Communications“) will only be provided by electronic means and not in paper format or through other non-electronic means: (i) your records of transactions through the Service; (ii) any initial, periodic or other disclosures or notices provided in connection with the Service, including without limitation those required by federal, state or other law; (iii) any customer service communications, including without limitation communications with respect to claims of error or unauthorized use of the Service; (iv) any other communication related to the Service or The Company.
The Service is hosted in the United States and by using the Service, if you are located in any region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, then you understand and consent to the processing of personal information in the United States.
Unfortunately, scams and fraudsters are abundant and we urge you not pay any bill to any recipient that you do not know personally. In particular, you should be cautious of deals or offers that seem too good to be true. If you are aware of anyone or any entity that is using the Service inappropriately, please e-mail us at email@example.com. If you receive any fake (phishing) emails purporting to be from The Company, please forward them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Exceptions to Limitations and Exclusions of Liability.
We make no representation or warranty that the site and site content are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America. Accessing the site or any site content from territories in which such access is illegal is prohibited. You agree that if you choose to access the site from any locations outside the United States of America, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Disputes and Arbitration Agreement
The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law will apply. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, except as expressly limited by these Terms, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and must follow the terms of these Terms as a court would.
WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Unless we both agree otherwise, the arbitrator(s) may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, consolidated or class proceeding. If the requirements of this paragraph are found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void except for the waiver of any right to a jury trial described below. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, WE EACH HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. We also both agree that either of us may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
If a dispute arises, we strongly encourage you to first contact our Customer Service Department. We value our relationships with our users and will try to resolve your claims informally and quickly.
If your dispute is not resolved by our Customer Service Department, before beginning arbitration, you must send a written notice describing the claim to our Compliance Officer at the following address:
Attention to: Jose Antonio Garcia Sam
Title: Compliance Officer.
Address: 5433 Westheimer Rd. Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77056
If your dispute has not been resolved within 30 days of sending the notice to our Compliance Officer, you may then commence mediation and, if necessary, arbitration, according to the following procedures:
- Mandatory Mediation. If your dispute cannot be resolved through direct discussions pursuant to the process described above, then You and We agree to endeavor first to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration.
- Mandatory Arbitration
- Any dispute that cannot be resolved through mediation pursuant to the process described above shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- If a dispute proceeds to arbitration, such arbitration shall be conducted according to the following procedures and governing law:
- Claims shall be heard by a single arbitrator, unless the claim amount exceeds $100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Dollars), in which case the dispute shall be heard by a panel of three arbitrators.
- The place of arbitration shall be Houston, Texas.
- The arbitration shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
- Each party will, upon written request of the other party, promptly provide the other with copies of all relevant documents. There shall be no other discovery allowed.
- The arbitration will be based on the submission of documents and there shall be no in-person or oral hearing.
- The arbitrator(s) will have no authority to award punitive or other damages not measured by the prevailing party’s actual damages, except as may be required by statute. The arbitrator(s) shall not award consequential damages in any arbitration initiated under this section. Any award in an arbitration initiated under this clause shall be limited to monetary damages and shall include no injunction or direction to any party other than the direction to pay a monetary amount.
- Each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrators’ and administrative fees of arbitration.
- Failure or refusal of a party to pay its required share of the deposits for arbitrator compensation or administrative charges shall constitute a waiver by that party to present evidence or cross-examine witnesses. In such event, the other party shall be required to present evidence and legal argument as the arbitrator(s) may require for the making of an award. Such waiver shall not allow for a default judgment against the non-paying party in the absence of evidence presented as provided for above.
- If the claim amount exceeds $100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Dollars), then the award of the arbitrator(s), if any, shall be accompanied by a reasoned opinion.
- Confidentiality. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor a mediator or arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any mediation or arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of both parties.
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com or via our toll-free number: 855-544-7726.